Sunday 9 May 2010

I saw this picture of Dylan the other day...

I saw this picture of dylan yesterday
and he looked a little bit like me
we had similar hair and clothes
so i thought that the world might see
me as some kind of poet
or maybe some kind of queen
if i wrote and played and stamped my foot
for the injustices i'd seen
I saw a map the other day
it had pins stuck everywhere
of places i'd been and like to go
i wonder if you'd take me there
if i had a little bit of money
and a little bit of time
i'd hope on a boat or a bus or a plane
and chase those dreams of mine
I heard this song the other night
it started really slow
the melodies were perfect
but now i'm not sure how it goes
if I had a piano
or if i knew how to sing
i'd play you such a symphony
you'd forget everything
now i've got nowt but clothes to wear
and nowt but food to eat
and nothing i could say to you
to make me feel complete
i heard about a writer once
who filled up many pages
his words must have been made of gold
cos they transcenced ages
if i had a pen like that
that knew just what to say
i'd write poem on your skin
and you'd be blown away
yeah you'd be so taken aback
you'd kiss me on the nose
you'd take my hand
lead me down a road
and say let's see where this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment